General Terms & Conditions
Renter’s (Driver’s) age: You must be at least 23 years old to rent a vehicle. You must be at least 25 years old to rent a vehicle of higher categories and minibuses.
Rental period: Minimum vehicle rental period is one day. Renting a vehicle for more than 3 hours and delays over 3 hours in returning the vehicle are charged as one day.
Driving Licence: You must have a driving license of at least two years old in order to rent a vehicle.
Additional Driver: Any person can drive the rental vehicle provided that they have a valid driving licence and are registered as a driver in the vehicle delivery form. The first additional driver is free of charge. Additional driver charges stated on the website shall apply for the second and third additional drivers.
Vehicle’s Fuel Tank: The vehicle will be delivered with a ¼ full fuel tank and is expected to be delivered back same; not less or not more. In the event the fuel level on the return of the vehicle is more than the one at the time of the delivery, then the renter will be refunded for the excessive fuel.
Vehicle delivery and return: We provide vehicle delivery and return service on 24-hours basis at Dalaman, İzmir, Antalya and Istanbul airports. Other than these, in Marmaris, Dalyan, Sarıgerme, Göcek, Fethiye, Üzümlü, Çalış, Ölüdeniz, Hisarönu, Kalkan and Kaş regions, we have vehicle delivery and return service available between 08.00 and 20.00.
Drop off Charge:
Vehicles can be dropped off at a point other than the city where they are rented. In this case, a certain fee must be paid in order to bring the vehicle back its rented place. This fee is calculated automatically from website according to distance between the two points.
The following are included in the vehicle rental charge:
- Exempt Comprehensive Own Damage Insurance.
- Third party health insurance within the legal limits of the traffic insurance.
- VAT and local taxes.
- Vehicle maintenance and 24-hour breakdown/roadside assistance.
- Fire insurance subject to the fire department and police report.
- Theft insurance subject to the police report (If the vehicle is stolen, the renter must submit the key and motor-vehicle license of the vehicle for the insurance to be valid.)
The following are excluded in the vehicle rental charge:
- Fuel (fuel consumed during the rental period is at the renter’s cost.)
- One-way rental costs, extra insurance coverage, additional second driver, child safety seat, navigation device (GBP), highway & bridge tolls, Istanbul Eurasia Tunnel toll, HGS, traffic fines and car parking fees.
Mileage Limits: No mileage limit is applied for rentals for 4 days
or more. This involves driving for unlimited mileage. However, in rentals for 1
to 3 days, mileage per day is limited to 325 kilometres. In the event the vehicle exceeds this limit, 0.55
TL shall be charged per kilometre as the limit exceeding fee.
In long-term rentals, monthly mileage driving limit is 3.500 km.
Legal speed limits:
Speed limit on the urban (local) roads for all vehicle categories is maximum (at most) 50 km/h, unless otherwise is stated on the roadside signs. These limits may in some cases be reduced by the central administration. For instance, the speed limit around schools is 30 km/h.
- Dual carriageways: 90 km/h.
- Separated carriageways: 110 km/h
- Highways: 120 km/h.
However, these limits may be reduced or restricted by the roadside signs (For instance in the residential/built-up areas etc.)
Additionally: The limits are different for minibus and pick-up type of vehicles. Limits for such are as follows:
- Dual carriageways: 80 km/h.
- Separated carriageways: 95 km/h
- Highways: 100 km/h.
Payment: The vehicle can be booked via the website, by e-mail or telephone.
Deposit / Provision: While booking your vehicle, the renter must have at least one Visa or MasterCard credit card. Depending of the vehicle category, a minimum of Euros 100,00 (one hunderd) Euros to 200,00 (two hundred) Euros provision amount shall be blocked on the renter’s credit card. This block or tie-up shall be automatically unblocked about 20 or 25 days following the date of blocking.
The provision blockage mentioned above is for the traffic tickets/fines, wrong parking fines or damages not covered by the insurance which may emerge after the rental period expires. Such provision is not towards payment of the rental fee.
Meeting the customer’s booking requirement:
Bookings over the website or by phone, fax or e-mail are met by supplying the booked vehicle or another vehicle of the same category of the date and time of the hiring/renting day. However, conditions may vary in certain situations. If no vehicle of the booked category is available, then the requirement will be met by a vehicle of the upper category and no additional charge shall apply for this service.
Cancellation and Refunding Policy:
In cancellations requested at a time when there are more than 24 hours to the beginning of the rental period, no fee will be charged. However, for cancellations requested at a time when there is less than 24 hours to the beginning of the rental period, then 1 (one) day’s rental fee shall be charged and the balance shall be refunded.
Earlier Return and Refunding Policy:
Vehicles may be returned before the rental period is over. In such cases, regardless of the remaining rental duration, 1 (one) day’s rental fee shall be charged and the balance shall be refunded. If the vehicle’s rental fee is paid by a credit card initially, then again 1 (one) day’s rental fee shall be charged and the balance shall be refunded into the credit card initially used by the renter to pay the rental fee.
INSURANCE (KASKO - COMPREHENSIVE MOTOR OWN-DAMAGE INSURANCE):
The vehicles are covered by compulsory traffic insurance and exempt comprehensive own damage insurance. They are under liability insurance, fire insurance or burglary/theft insurance against third parties. However, certain conditions must be fulfilled for the fire insurance and burglary/theft insurance to be valid and effective.
- In the event the vehicle is stolen during the rental period, for the insurances to be valid, the key and vehicle licence (registry book) of the vehicle must be delivered back to the rental company. If the key and vehicle licence (registry book) of the vehicle are not delivered back to the company, the renter will be liable to pay the value of the vehicle at the current market price to the vehicle owner/rental company.
- In the event the vehicle is exposed to fire and gets damaged by fire, again the key and vehicle licence (registry book) of the vehicle must be delivered back to the rental company. For this insurance to be valid, the renter must submit a fire ground investigation report obtained from the fire department.
- In the event the renter has an accident with the rental vehicle, the insurance makes claim payments after implementing some exemptions. The renter must contribute to the damage claim payment to a certain extent. The renter can remove this liability by paying the insurance premium. This subject will be explained in the exempt accident insurance section.
- The windows, headlights and tyres of the vehicle are not included in the insurance coverage. The renter is liable to pay the cost for any damages to such components. In the event window, headlight and tyre insurance cost is paid by the renter, removing the customer liability on the damages which may occur on such components, the customer’s liability will be dismissed.
- Any damages to the underside of the vehicle as a result of scraping or hitting somewhere are not under the insurance coverage.
- Any cost for damages or breakdown which may occur in the event the rental vehicle is filled with wrong type of fuel is not under the insurance coverage. The renter of the vehicle is responsible for making sure that the correct type of fuel is used to fill the tank. The renter will be liable to pay the cost for any damage or breakdown which occurs.
- The cost for having a new key made due to the key of the vehicle gets broken, lost, or becomes unusable as a consequence of dropping it to water or contacting it with water is outside the scope of the insurance cover. The renter is liable to pay the cost for having a new key made and having it delivered to where the renter is.
- Driving the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited by law. The renter hereby accepts in advance to pay for all the cost for any damages and fines/tickets which may occur in an accident as a result of breaking this law and thereby driving the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The vehicle cannot be driven by anyone whose name, identity details and driving licence details are not stated in the vehicle delivery form. Otherwise, legal and financial liability and defects liability which may emerge in an accident to be committed by someone whose name and driver details are not stated in the vehicle delivery form will belong to the vehicle renter’s responsibility. The renter hereby accepts this condition in advance.
- The rental vehicle cannot be driven on roads other than the normal roads.
The normal roads include the following: Urban roads, intercity asphalt roads, asphalt village roads, highways, dual (divided) carriageways and state roads. The vehicle cannot be driven on roads other than the ones stated above such as dirt roads, roads referred to as off-road and land roads. In the event the vehicle is driven on such roads which are not allowed, the renter will be liable for the arising damages and legal conditions.
- Damage and breakdown costs arising from improper use are outside the insurance coverage. Any damage or breakdown occurring as a result of improper use will be diagnosed by the authorised service of the vehicle.
ADDITIONAL INSURANCE COVERS AVAILABLE FOR THE RENTER: By means of insurance covers, which we shall recommend you while you are booking your vehicle or taking delivery of your vehicle, you will be able to enjoy a comfortable and peaceful travelling opportunity, considering that you will be subject to no payment liability at all. Please make sure that such additional covers are stated in the vehicle delivery form in the event you take them out.
Minor Damage Insurance: This is an insurance coverage which covers damages up to 500,00 TL (five hundred Turkish Lira) in minor hits and scrapings which may happen when the vehicle is parked in a parking lot or on the roadside, without the need for a police report.
Window, Headlight and Tyre Insurance: Damages which may occur on the windscreen, headlights and tyres of the vehicle are outside the standard insurance coverage. In the event you take out this additional coverage, cost of damages on the windows, headlights and tyres shall be covered.
Non-exemption Accident Insurance: In case of an accident, depending on the vehicle category, an exemption varying between €350.00 (three hundred Euros) to €850.00 (eight hundred Euros) will be applied in claim payments by the comprehensive insurance coverage, regardless of the damage cost occurred. In such a case, the renter undertakes to pay an exemption amount varying between €350.00 (three hundred Euros) to €850.00 (eight hundred Euros), regardless of the damage cost occurred in the vehicle.
If the renter agrees to pay the cost for the non-exemption accident insurance, he/she will be excluded from this liability.
If the renter takes out the non-exemption accident insurance, the minor damage insurance and window, headlight and tyre insurance will be taken out automatically.
What you should do in case of an accident:
In case of an accident, before the vehicle or vehicles are moved away from the scene of the accident, you should immediately take pictures of the scene of the accident from four sides. Immediately afterwards, you should report the accident to our company executives.
In case on an accident resulting in material damage only where two opposing vehicles are involved, you should mutually with the other driver fill out and sign the accident scene report form placed in the glove compartment/box or inside the vehicle licence of the rental vehicle. If the parties cannot reach to an agreement as to who is right and who is wrong in the happening of the accident, then you should call the police and ask for their help in preparing the accident scene report. In such a case alcohol report must be obtained as well.
If the accident involves personal injury, you should call the police or gendarmerie immediately and make sure that the accident report and alcohol report are kept by these authorities.
The renter/driver must definitely not be under the influence of alcohol in case of an accident. If the renter is under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident the insurance covers will be invalid, an he/she will be liable to pay for not only the material damages, non-pecuniary damages and work loss indemnity of the vehicle he/she has rented/driven, but also the pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages and work loss indemnity related to the other vehicle.
In case of an accident, you should immediately report the incident to Fethiye Rent a Car by calling the phone number provided to you at the time of vehicle delivery. Within maximum 48 hours following the time of the accident, you should obtain the following documents and deliver them to our office: Vehicle licence copies of the vehicles involved in the accident, copies of the traffic insurance policies, copies of the driving licences and identity cards of the drivers, alcohol reports for the drivers, photos of the accident scene taken from four sides, copy of the accident scene report, if any of the drivers involved in the accident is from a foreign country, then copy of the page of his/her passport showing the stamp of the customs gate through which he/she has entered into Turkey. Failing to provide these documents will result in the insurance covers being invalid and void.
Our staff will assist you in obtaining the above mentioned documents.
If the accident or damage has occurred in a parking lot/place and the damage cost is above the limits of the minor damages insurance coverage (if the minor damages insurance is already taken out), the police report will nevertheless be required.
Traffic Fines/Tickets: Traffic fines, speeding tickets, wrong parking fines, toll violation fines etc endorsed on the number plate of the vehicle during the rental period are sent out to our company address by post by the police department after the vehicle is returned back. Failing to pay such fines/tickets is under the renter’s responsibility.
Such fines will be charged on the credit card which the renter has provided us with the number, expiry date and security number at the time of the vehicle delivery; and the renter will be notified of these by email and phone. If the renter has allocated some provision amount from his/her credit card when taking delivery of the vehicle, such fines/tickets endorsed on the vehicle in question shall be collected from this provision amount.
Taking the rental vehicle abroad:
You are not allowed to take rental vehicles abroad.